Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm Back

Sorry I've neglected the blog recently. We haven't had much to tell until the last few days. Here is a photo of our completed kitchen......


Our landlord sent us this photo and I was very impressed with how it turned out. I think I am really going to like our landlord, which is a good thing since he will also be our neighbor! I mean how many people would put curtains in the kitchen window for someone they barely know!?

It does look even smaller to me now than before with appliances and cabinets and such. I have definitely been spoiled by the kitchen in our house in the last 9 months. Oh well - I will just have to appreciate little things like being able to reach the fridge, the dish washer, stove and sink without ever moving my feet! Not to mention, how quickly I will be able to get the thing clean!

So, many of you know by now that our departure has been delayed another couple of weeks. Steve's new departure date is now June 4th and I will still follow two to three weeks behind him once internet/phone are hooked up. We were pretty disappointed with this latest delay because we were really getting geared up to leave. It seems such an emotional roller coaster the closer we get and we are just ready to rip the band-aid off and go!

But, the up side is that we have a little extra time to get ready and see our friends and family. So we will take advantage of that (lucky you!) and be ready to go when the time is right.

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

the kitchen turned out really nice! You know, we had a much smaller kitchen in Lubbock than in our house now and I think that it was almost easier to use. Sometimes if it is organized right, which it looks like yours is, a smaller kitchen can be much better!

Unknown said...

That kitchen is incredible, good for yall, love the dishwasher with the matching wood front, too cool.

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool kitchen -you will have such an awesome experience abroad!!